Monday, March 2, 2009

Poor Thing!



Last Tuesday, we took Halle to get her tonsils and adnoids out, and tubes put in her ears.  We finally decided to do it after taking her to an ENT.  Her hearing hadn't been very good for a long time.  She was constantly turning everything up loud and asking us to repeat ourselves.  I was kinda scared but knew it would help her in the long run.  It's been a rough week and the poor thing has been in a lot of pain, but she told us the other night "Daddy the music is too loud!"



Here she is before the surgery.


They gave her a teddy bear.

Here she is an hour later.  It was so sad!  She didn't know what was going on.



She just wanted her daddy.


The best thing about it is all the popsicles, ice cream and jello!


We love you babes!

11 comments:

Karenin Jaar Robison said...

oh... that is so sad! i hated it when i got mine out. its no fun.
i hope she feels better soon!!

Brianne said...

How scary! I'm glad it turned out well and that it seems like she's already hearing much better. When I had surgery this summer I saw a few kids getting rolled back for surgeries and it made me tear up every time. I just kept thinking about how scared they must be and about their poor parents. The situation I was in obviously didn't help my emotions.

salmons said...

that is so sad! looking at those pics make me want to cry! poor halle. atleast she is feeling better now! we are so blessed that our kids are for the most part very healthy. we love you halle dancer!

Wade and Brooke said...

Poor Halle, she is such a doll even when she doesn't feel good. I am glad that everything is okay.

Callie said...

That is so sad, poor thing. I hope she is doing well. Jaxon is getting his out this Thursday, I hate when your kids are in pain. I hope she feels better soon.

MKS said...

We feel bad we didn't even know about it! We are glad everything went well. Halle looks so sweet in those picture. We love you guys!

The Sohm's said...

Poor little girl. She looks so cute though. And I bet she was lovin all the popsicles and icecream:)

Mariel said...

Awww...that little girl is so sweet. It's so sad when they don't feel good!

Drew said...

Tell her Aunt Rachel has been thinking about her - having my tonsils out was about the worst thing ever! Luckily for her, she still is dang cute after the surgery :)

Kim Ward said...

Glad she is doing okay. Probably not too fun for any of you. Jess I would love to take some pics of your family. Just give me a call. YOur kids are cute. I ca't believe how big Sawyer is.

Steph said...

Oh, that breaks my heart! I can't imagine being her mommy! I think it's ALWAYS worse for the mom!!!! You're strong. Glad she's feeling better! You know, J. went through all that when he was about 2. I'm sure that sort of surgery has come a long way since then.