Monday, January 26, 2009

So this will be one of the very few dessert recipes I will be posting.  Baking is in no way by any means my forte but I can make a mean creme brulee!  It is a very simple recipe and a sure crowd pleaser! (Nick and Halle)

Preheat your oven to 375
Mix 9 egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar together with a whisk.

Scald 1 quart of heavy cream. (when bubbles come up to the sides it's scalding) Stir constantly.

Gradually add scalded cream to yolk mixture stirring constantly.  


Add 31/2 tsp vanilla.  This is just too hard....

Mash up raspberries and distribute evenly into ramekins.  (my husband personally likes it better when I don't put the raspberries in... it's up to you) Put the ramekins into baking dishes.

Pour mixture into ramekins and then make a water bath by pouring water into the baking dishes about half way up to the ramekins.

Put the finished product into 375 degree oven for 35 to 45 min or until they don't jiggle like your thighs when you are done eating this!  When they are done baking take them out of the water bath and let them cool.  Then put them in the fridge for at least 3 hours...I think overnight is best.
When you are ready to serve it put a generous amount of sugar on the top and burn it with a special torch (you can buy them at any kitchen or hardware store) or broil them in the oven.  It just won't be as even.  Enjoy!

Jessica's Creme Brulee

1 Quart heavy cream
1 cup sugar
9 egg yolks
31/2 tsp. vanilla or 2 vailla beans

Mix sugar and yolks together.  Scald the cream.  Gradually add scalded cream to yolk mixture, stirring constantly.  Add Vanilla.  Pour into ramekins.  Place in a water bath and bake for approximately 45 min at 375 degrees.  Enjoy!


6 comments:

The Sohm's said...

Nice I have always wanted that receipe and it doesn't seem to hard. I am going to have to try it.

Cassie and Mason Green said...

Just ate the last one leftover at my moms, delicious! Your such a little martha.

Candie said...

I love your blog! It's super cute, and I'm a huge fan of cooking so thanks for the new recipe to try! :)

Steph said...

Yum!! Never been brave enough to try this. Not a huge baker....yet. And please tell me that that blue mammoth of epically beautiful proportions is an "Le Creuset"...? 'Cause I may just have to let myself in when you're away and give it a better home. :)

Callie said...

That looks yummy! Your kids are getting so big, they are so cute! I'm so glad you have a blog now!

MKS said...

Your post looks like something from Martha Stewart! The movie is What's Up Doc? You can borrow it from us if you want.